Q. Creating a Content Folder in Blackboard
A Content Folder is a way of organising items within a content area of your NILE course, and can be used to help students navigate their way around the course. Content Folders can group material in a number of ways, e.g. based on a weekly schedule, on the type of content (e.g. lecture materials, learning activities), or by subject / topic. Before creating folders, it is always worth taking time to plan the navigation structure of your course, starting with the course menu, and then how content will be structured in each of the main course areas.
Creating a Content Folder
Log into Blackboard and access the content area in which you would like to create a folder in, such as a "Topic" folder for grouping content by topic, or a "Week" folder for grouping content by schedule.
1. Click on Build Content at the top of the page.
2. Choose Content Folder from the menu that appears.
Setting up the Folder Information
You will now see a screen labeled Create Content Folder. The section labeled Content Folder Information allows instructors to create a content folder:
1. Name: Enter the name of the folder here.
2. Colour of Name: Optionally select the desired color for the folder link.
3. Text: Optionally enter a description for the folder in the text box.
Setting Up the Content Folder Availability
In the section labeled Standard Options, you can set the visibility of the folder to students:
1. Permit Users to View this Content: Select Yes to allow students to view the web link.
2. Track Number of Views: Select Yes to record the number of times students view the link.
3. Select Date and Time Restrictions: Use the date and time pickers for the Display After and Display Until dates to restrict the time period in which students can view the content.
4. When finished, click the Submit button to create the web link.