Q. How do I mark Turnitin assignments with a Blackboard (non-Turnitin) rubric?
Blackboard Rubrics - Creating a new blackboard rubric from the 1819 NILE rubric templates.
Blackboard Rubrics - Adding a Blackboard rubric to a Turnitin Assignment
Blackboard Rubrics - Providing feedback to a Turnitin Assignment with a Blackboard rubric
Blackboard Rubrics - Demonstration of students view of a Blackboard rubric when added to a Turnitin Assignment
Creating a Blackboard rubric from the NILE templates
1. Your new Rubric templates will be saved is your module site, to check this go to > Site Tools > Rubrics (If your rubric templates are not in here please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Edit the rubric template:
Once inside the rubric:
* Change the name ‘Module Name + Assignment Code + Year’ ‘BUS1001 AS1 1819’
* Add Learning Outcomes
* Add Learning Outcome grading criteria in each cell
Attaching a Blackboard rubric to a Turnitin submission
3. Create a Turnitin Submission
4. In the Grade Centre > Click the downward arrow at the top of a column and Select > Edit Column Information.
5. Click ‘Add Rubric’ Select the rubric, (see screen grab).
6. Select the option to ‘Show Rubric to Students’ - 'Yes (With Rubric Scores).
Marking a Turnitin Assignment with a Blackboard Rubric
7. In the grade centre click the drop down arrow next to a submission and select 'View Grade Details'
8. Click 'Grade Attempt' to view Turnitin report,
* Once launched click Cancel to return to previous screen.
9. Click 'Edit Grade', select the button 'View Rubric'.
10. In the rubric click into a box to make a selection, add additional feedback as required, when finished click 'Save'.
* Note in the example above the rubric has not been completed.
11. In 'Grade Details, add a numeric grade and feedback, then click 'Save'. (click here for info on the grading schema)
* The numeric grade will be automatically converted into a letter grade.
12. Return to the grade centre to check the grade.