Q. How can I add a banner to my NILE site?
A banner is an image that can be inserted onto the entry-point page of your NILE site:
- Go to your NILE module and follow this route:
- NILE / Control Panel / Customisation / Teaching Style / Select Banner
The banner will only appear on the Site Entry Point listed on the Teaching Style page so check your Entry Point and click Submit
The banner is typically a combination of words and images that give a flavour of what the site relates to.
- Open the attached PowerPoint file
- Right Click the slide to format the colour of the background
- Try and ensure the background colour and text contrast is accessible by following the link in the slide notes.
- Right Click to Duplicate the slides for each of your modules
- Amend the text on each slide to match your module code and title, exclude the year so the slide doesn’t date.
- Now, Save As PNG and tell PowerPoint to save each slide as an image
You now have a folder full of lots of PNG files which are your NILE Banners .