Q. What is a Qwickly Jot Assignment?
I've seen an option to add a "Qwickly Jot Assignment". What is it and how does it work?
The Qwickly Jot assignment allows you, the instructor, to select an image for students to markup and submit as a piece of work on Blackboard Learn (NILE). For example, you may want your students to label a biological diagram, or plot a graph. The submissions are linked directly with the Blackboard grade centre, so they can be viewed and marked straight from your module site.
- In your NILE site, select Assessments from the action bar and choose Qwickly Jot Assignment
- Fill in the details as you wish. The Name and Instructions will be shown to students on the NILE page.
- Click the computer icon and browse your files to find your image. JPEG and PNG files work best.
- Optionally, select your due date for the assignment/activity.
- Choose the number of attempts you wish to allow your students. You can select an appropriate grading schema, e.g. UnderGrad Letter, and set the Points Possible as 100.
Note: It is recommended that you make the assignment unavailable to students until you are ready for them to see the image. As soon as it is made available, your students will be able to view the image.
- Click Submit to save your Jot assignment
- The assignment will now be in the content area you chose (e.g. Submit your work area).
- To make it available to students at a later date, you can edit the assignment when you are ready and choose to Make the Assignment Available. See also (adaptive release).
- Submissions can be viewed and marked from the grade centre in the normal way, i.e. View Attempt