Q. How do I set up a Self and Peer Assessment in NILE?
Self and peer assessment is an effective method of learning. It requires students to consider how the actions and performance of their peers warrant grading and to judge their own efforts objectively. This can be challenging for both staff and students as it requires, to some degree, a deconstruction of the traditional model of assessment.
Things to consider
- Help students consolidate their understanding of the subject material.
- Improve student engagement with assessments.
- Embed critical skills that are applicable to lifelong learning.
- Distribute the workload of providing feedback.
- Can be done anonymously.
- Requires students to be honest.
- May cause friction between students.
- Requires staff to learn how to use the self and peer assessment tool.
- Needs to be well planned before it is implemented.
The Self and Peer Assessment tool will need to be made available manually in the settings: CUSTOMISATION > TOOL AVAILABILITY.
Once available it will show in the assessments tab.