Q. Barco - How do I present at Waterside using my laptop with BARCO presentation tool?
Crib sheet showing the steps to get you started with BARCO.
BARCO CRIB SHEET – the basics
Barco is a wireless presentation device available in all teaching spaces.
- Staff use ‘Staff wifi’. Students use ‘Student wifi’.
- Open the Chrome browser and navigate to the following URL (staff and students):
- Staff log in with your staff ID (the password will be the same as your Windows login).
- Students log in with their student ID. Students see the available lectures and click on the relevant session they wish to join.
Staff - If your session is timetabled and available to choose, click on that session to join it and become the moderator.
If your session is not available or is a bespoke session:
- click on ‘Create Lecture’
- Select the Location (by clicking adjacent to the Location prompt).
- Select Location Type, eg Classroom (enables you to present content to the main displays in the room).
- Click on the ‘Start Lecture’ button
- Open your PowerPoint file, Word file or website etc (the screens to display to your students).
- Click the ‘SHARE’ button to display either your entire display or to choose just to share a single application window of your choice.
- When your session is complete click ‘Stop Sharing’.
- Click on your initials in the top right of the screen and 'Stop Lecture’.
- Then remember to Click on the ‘Logout’ option found in the same drop-down list.
Emergency AV Number: 01604 893562
Contact AVinfo@northampton.ac.uk for queries ahead of any session, or training or support with using BARCO.