Q. How do I add make recorded student presentations available to an External Examiner?
To upload videos for External Examiners:
- Make sure you are enrolled on the NILE module site as an Instructor, and have Edit mode ON (top right)
- If there is not already a link on the left called ‘Videos for examiner’ you will need to create this:
- Click the + sign at the top of the menu bar, click Tool link, and change Type to Media Gallery
- Do not tick to make videos available to students
- Once the link exists, click it – it takes a few seconds to load
- From the next screen, click Add Media, Add New, Media Upload
- A green ribbon will confirm 100% when this has been successfully uploaded (i.e. added to MediaSpace)
- Choose the file to upload (the Media Gallery is part of Kaltura, and will accept most file types)
- You may wish to rename it with the name of the student, to make it clear to the External Examiner
- In tags, add the module as a new tag (e.g. ITT1234), then select it
- If you are not the owner of the media (i.e. co-tutor, or technician) click +Add Collaborator
- Type in their Username (you can find this is Users and Groups in the NILE module you are adding the videos to)
- Select permissions as Co-Editor, Co-Publisher, and Co-Viewer, Click Add.
- Then go to Media Gallery. All the videos you have uploaded to the Media Gallery for this module will appear here.
To rename any of the recordings, e.g. with the name of the student, click the video in the gallery, this will open in MediaSpace if you are a Co-Editor. Under Actions you can Edit (or even delete).
Was this helpful? 0 0