Q. How can I be sure a student submitted to a Blackboard assignment? (student receipts)
IMPORTANT: This feature only applies to Blackboard assignments, tests and surveys. It does not apply to other graded Blackboard tools, such as discussion boards and journals.
When a student submits a Blackboard assignment, test or survey, they receive an on-screen receipt number, as shown below (students also receive an email confirmation):
Instructors can view student receipts from the Grade Centre:
- Go to Site Management>Grade Centre>Full Grade Centre:
- Select Reports>Student Receipts:
- You can choose to search by User Information, or the Confirmation (receipt) number if it has been given to you by the student:
- To view all receipts, select Not blank in the second filter option, leave the search box blank, and click on Go
- The size of both written submissions and attachments are recorded against each student receipt together with the name of the file submitted, date of submission and which assignment it was submitted to
NOTE: Please note this does not apply to Turnitin assignments which have their own feature where students are emailed a receipt. If you haven't received the receipt please have a read this post.