Q. How do I import a Turnitin Rubric?
Once created, Turnitin Rubrics can be shared between users by exporting them as files. The details below show you how to import a Turnitin Rubric file that may have been shared with you.
You may have been sent a Turnitin rubric by a colleague to use in your Turnitin assignments. A Turnitin rubric file ends in .rbc and can be treated like any other file. You won’t be able to open it on your own computer, but you can email it, or share it on a shared network drive, or a NILE site. The guidance below shows you how to import a Turnitin file so you can use it on your assignments:
- In your NILE site, go to Site Tools>Turnitin Assignments
- Click on the title of a Turnitin Assignment
- Select the Libraries Tab. Hint: Right-click and open the libraries tab in a new window for a better view.
- Enter the Rubric/Form Manager
- In the top right of the screen, select the share icon and choose Import from the menu
- Click the Select files button
- Browse to the file on your computer and click Select or Open. Hint: If you have downloaded the file from NILE, check your downloads folder
- A notification is shown when it has successfully uploaded. Click View to see the rubric
- In this view, you are able to edit the rubric if necessary, as it is now associated with your account. Don't forget to Save any changes.
The rubric can now be attached to a Turnitin assignment ready for use.
For details on how to attach a rubric, follow the link below: