Q. How do I create a Turnitin Rubric?
Although it is possible to use Turnitin rubrics to generate grades, we do not currently recommend doing this. The answer shows how to create a qualitative rubric on Turnitin.
Turnitin rubrics belong to the person who created them. Although it is possible to use Turnitin rubrics to generate grades, LearnTech does not currently recommend doing this. Instead, the guidance below shows you one way to create a qualitative Turnitin rubric.
A qualitative rubric can provide standardised feedback to multiple students. Please note that LearnTech recommends that levels of achievement do not denote letter grades. Instead, achievement levels similar to Distinction, Merit, Commended, Pass, Fail, No submission/no evidence for Undergraduate rubrics and Distinction, Merit, Pass, Fail, No submission/no evidence for Postgraduate rubrics are recommended.
- In your NILE module, go to Site Tools>Turnitin Assignments
- Click on the title of one of the Turnitin Assignments
- Click on the Libraries tab. You may wish to right-click on the libraries tab and open in a new window for a clearer view.
- Click on the Rubric Manager tab, just below the Libraries tab.
- Click on the Rubric List icon
- Select Create new rubric from the drop-down menu
- At the bottom of the rubric, choose the 0 to remove scoring options. This will provide you with a qualitative rubric for feedback.
- Edit the criteria title and description, the scale title and each cell description by clicking into the relevant areas. You can copy and paste from another document.
- Click Save in the bottom right corner when complete
Once you have saved your Turnitin rubric, you can attach it to multiple Turnitin assignments to use for grading. You may also wish to share your rubric with colleagues. Follow the links below for more information on these topics: