Q. I am a new student, how do I use NILE?
NILE is the University of Northampton’s Integrated Learning Environment. It is an online space where you can access information, communication and activities related to your study, and where you can submit assignments and receive feedback. NILE is also a place to collaborate and debate with other students on your modules. Your tutors will introduce you to your NILE modules during your studies, so if you have any questions speak to your module leader.
How do I log in to NILE?
- Open your Chrome or Firefox browser.
- Go to nile.northampton.ac.uk or look for the pink NILE tile on the Student Hub.
- Click on the Staff / Student Login to automatically sign in or use the Alternative Login box using your Student ID / Staff Username and password.
- Your password is either in the default format ddmmyyAb= [your date of birth, and the first two letters of your family name (1st letter upper case, 2nd letter lower case), and the = symbol], or will be the secure password you set up at northampton.ac.uk/user.
- If you have forgotten your password you can reset it using Forgotten Your Password?
Where do I find my NILE sites?
- Once you’ve logged in you’ll see your list of modules on the Home tab in the My Sites box.
- If you do not see a module listed, please read the following post.
What does a NILE site look like?
- Click on a module title in the My Sites box to open the NILE site.
- Navigate around the module site using the standard left-hand menu.
- Your tutor will provide all the content for your module.
Can I access NILE on my mobile?
- Yes. You can access NILE on your mobile Chrome or Firefox browser.
- You can also search your mobile app store for the Blackboard app: App Store | Play Store | Windows Store
- Check your app is set to push Notifications to be notified of module Announcements.