Q. Managing your recordings in Kaltura Capture
Managing your recordings in Kaltura Capture
When you have made your Kaltura Capture recordings they can be stored in two places:
- The local drive on your device
- Your My Media area in MediaSpace video.northampton.ac.uk
When you want to view and manage your media on your device click on Manage which is located on the Kaltura Capture recorder:
This opens up the management window. To the left you will see the Library, Settings and Information tabs. In the Library tab you can do the following:
- Play and review individual recordings.
- Change or add titles, descriptions and tags on each recording.
- Link to each recording in MediaSpace (where recordings can be edited - captions and embedded quizzes can be added in MediaSpace).
- Start a new recording.
From the Library you can get to the Settings tab through clicking on the cog icon; in Settings you can:
- Edit Camera and Screen Recording Quality (note - if your camera or screen resolution is less than those set, the resolution will be the closest to the resolution your device can handle).
- Enable or disable Audio recording (note - this can only be done on Windows OS).
- Change the prefix name for your recordings.
- Highlight the cursor.
- Collect and Upload Application Logs (these files can prove useful if there are any issues with the recorder, or recordings made).
From Settings you can start a new recording, go back to the Library by clicking on the Library tab, or click on the Information tab. The Information tab will provide the Kaltura Capture version number, which users are connected to the recorder, but also the MediaSpace website link. From Information you can go back to Library or Settings or launch a new recording.