Q. How do I set up a Student Blog in Edublogs and join it to the Class Blog?
Simple step-by-step guide:
- Log onto MyPad.northampton.ac.uk
- Under My Sites Sites (top left), click Add New
- Site Name: your student ID, initials, module, year e.g. 12345678bg1026p1819
- Site Title: Your name (you can later add the Title of your Blog as the sub-title)
- Site language: English (UK)
- Privacy: Only registered users
- Blog category: leave blank
- (If advised by your Tutor, select the Template from the list of available templates)
- Create site
- After a short time you will see 'The site (your name) is yours'
- Click the URL link just below the message e.g. mypad.northampton.ac.uk/12345678bg1026p1819
- 'We're setting up your new site'
How to join your new site (Blog) to the Class site, so that your Tutor can access it for marking:
- After a short time, you arrive at the dashboard of your new site
- From the left click My Class, Join a class
- Search for the url of the Class Blog, which your Tutor will give you, and click Search
- Request to Join. Once approved by your Tutor, you will receive an email notification that you are joined
How to work on your Blog:
- To work on your Blog (even if it has not yet been approved) click your name (top left, next to My Sites) - Visit Site
- Visit the Edublog User Guides to find out more: http://help.edublogs.org/user-guide/
- If you have used a template to create your site, to edit your Pages - click the Pencil icon, add text/media/links/files and click Update
- To add Posts, go to the top of the screen, click + New, Post. Add text etc., and click 'Publish'
- You can customise the Theme of your Blog/Portfolio
- If you need to delete any posts, you need to be in the Dashboard view (click your name, top left), go to Posts, select and delete the one to remove
- If this is an assessed blog, on deadline your Tutor will lock your blog for editing. You will still be able to read your Blog, but not edit it
Navigating between blog dashboards
Once your tutor approves your request to join the class you will be added as user to the Class blog as well as your student blog.This means you will have access to both the class blog and your student blog dashboard. You will see less menu items if you are logged into the class blog dashboard.
To publish posts etc., you need to be in your student blog (not the Class Blog):
1. Go to My Sites dropdown menu in your admin bar.
2. Click on the site or dashboard of the blog you want to access, choose your student blog.