Q. How do I make Video Editor and animation video delivery accessible?
Ensuring video delivery using Microsoft Video Editor and Powtoon is accessible by providing text captions and transcripts in Kaltura.
When creating video you will need to ensure that the person watching it has the ability to also view text captions if they choose. It is also recommended that there is the ability to download a transcript. Some tools such as Kaltura will provide automated captions (which you are able to edit if needed) and also provide the ability to download transcripts. For other tools you may need to take extra steps to make them accessible.
Microsoft Video Editor or an animation software (e.g Powtoon)
1. Use Microsoft Video Editor or an animation software to produce the video and export MP4 video.
2. Upload the exported MP4 video to Kaltura MediaSpace (log in to: https://video.northampton.ac.uk/)
3. Play the video in Kaltura making sure that text caption for voiceover is working.
NOTE: You may need to turn text captions on (if not showing automatically) by clicking the Action option and then the Edit option menu and then select Captions menu and click on the icon shown to display the captions.
4. Edit the text captions to make the text accurate if necessary.
5. Select the Caption option in Kaltura Mediaspace to download a transcript.
6. Save the transcript in a folder as a Word document and as a PDF document.
You can decide to either embed the Kaltura video directly in to your NILE site or to embed it in Xerte. https://askus.northampton.ac.uk/Learntech/faq/241609?m=p