Q. How do I give students an extension on PebblePad?
Once an assignment deadline has passed, any work a student does on their workbook is no longer submitted to ATLAS for assessment. The ‘live link’ between the two copies is cut.
If a student requires an extension, and you agree to grant this, any work done between the deadline passing and the extension date, will be made visible to you. In order to apply these steps, your assignment needs to have an end date specified.
Applying an extension
1. Go to the workspace where the student’s submission is.
2. Click the Management button in the top menu bar.
3. Click on Assignments.
4. Find the relevant assignment and in the actions column, on the right, click the fourth icon along to Manage Extensions.
5. Click the Add new extensions button. (If this is greyed out, it is because you do not have an end date).
6. On the extension page, find the student (or students) you’d like to grant an extension to. Tick next to their name(s).
6. In the box at the top, enter the number of extra days, the student has been given. Check the amended deadline information for the new date.
7: Scroll to the bottom of the page and press save.
Repeat these steps if you have students with different extensions.
8. Press the back button to return to the assignments page.
Note: Extensions are applied to each individual, not to the assignment. This enables you to have different extensions for different students. You will need to repeat the process if you have multiple assignments and the student has an extension for each of them.
An extension can be applied even after the deadline has passed and will be calculated from the deadline date (not the date that the extension is applied).