There are currently no Library staff on the Waterside Campus but we are still here to help:
- Your books have been renewed automatically and we will continue to do this until we have been told that we can safely reopen the service
- A click and collect service for books that are not available on NELSON will be available from Monday 15th June. There is a web form to complete that gives details of how to request and collect items
- If you want to return your books, for example you are in your final year and will not be returning to campus, you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. They will stay on your account until we get back on campus to return them but do not worry about that
- Please do speak to us if you need any help, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our web form
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, please get in touch if you need us!! 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Systems Last Updated: Aug 24, 2017 Views: 176
The majority of databases and their contents are available off campus. Provided you have logged into NELSON with your University login, your login details will automatically be transferred to any databases that require a login, without you having to log in again.
If you find that a database asks you to log in again, the general rule of thumb is to look for a link indicating either Institutional or Shibboleth login. Follow the link and from the UK Higher Education list select University of Northampton (IDP).