You may not be on campus but we are and we're still ready to help, no matter where you are:
- Please send any questions or queries about loan laptops to email@example.com
- Please note the LLS Booking System is currently unavailable. Please see our pages for Learning Development or Academic Librarians for details on accessing these teams
- The Service Update page on our website has all the latest information about our services and any changes to normal operations
- If you need to return items to us and are unable to hold on to them during this lockdown then please email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice. Please do not come on to campus just to return items during the current restrictions
- Please do not stress about your library account or loans. If you need anything at all please just get in touch at email@example.com. We are a friendly and helpful bunch 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Sep 22, 2020 Views: 49
All rooms have prefix which indicate the building where the room is located, for example 'LH' is the Learning Hub, 'CH' is Creative Hub, 'SN' is the Senate. The rooms are all numbered according to the floor they are on, the first number in the room number indicates the floor they are on, for example LH127 is on floor 1 of the Learning Hub, CH201 is on floor 2 of the Creative Hub.
Signage on each floor of each building will help direct you towards each room. For more information on how to read your timetable including room prefixes and location codes, have a look at the information pages on the Student Hub.