You may not be on campus but we are still here to help:
- Your books have been renewed automatically until 30th September, so there is no need to worry about anything being overdue, or recalled.
- A click and collect service for books is operating. There is a web form to complete that gives details of how to request and collect items
- Please hold on to any books you currently have on loan, if you need to return them you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. Staff will remove them from your account next time they are on campus.
- Please do speak to us if you need any help or advice, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, and are available online if you need us!! 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Jun 16, 2020 Views: 22
If there is a key text you need to complete your studies, but it is only available as a printed book, please contact email@example.com. Let us know:
- the book title
- the author
- the year or edition
- the publisher
- if there are any key chapters you need to access
Library staff will look to see if the book is available for purchase as an e-book, if we can obtain extracts or if the title has been released temporarily for free by the publisher in response to COVID-19/Coronavirus. Please note, there may be instances where a digital version of the text has not been made available to libraries.
Library and Learning Services are now running a click and collect book service. Please use this web form to request physical books where an e-copy is not available on NELSON. The form contains details on how to request and collect items.
If you currently have items on loans from us you are able to return them at any time by using the secure drop box in the Visitor Centre. The Visitor Centre can be found next to the McColls shop.
Due to the current COVID-19/ Coronavirus situation, we may take longer responding to requests than normal as we are operating many of our services remotely.