You may not be on campus but we are and we're still ready to help, no matter where you are:
- The Service Update page on our website has all the latest information about our services and any changes to normal operations, including library support for those self-isolating.
- The Learning Hub is open from 8am -10pm daily and you can go to the shelves to collect any books you need as long as you can wear a mask. If you do not feel able to come into the Learning Hub for any reason then we have a click and collect service for books, which enables you, or a nominated person, to collect the items from campus.
- If you need to return items to us, you can either drop them into the book return bin in the Visitor Centre next door to McColls, or any book return bin throughout the Learning Hub. If you are off-site and not planning to come back for any reason, or have completed your course and you still have books from the library then email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you on how to get the books back to us.
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or loans. If you need anything at all please just get in touch at email@example.com. We are a friendly and helpful bunch 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Oct 01, 2020 Views: 13
It is important that you register with the British Library and then make your requests through the Interlibrary Loan form. If you follow this order then the service will be completely free to you as a student or member of staff of the University of Northampton. There are some helpful guides available regarding Interlibrary Loan requesting and the team are always happy to help and can be contacted through firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is just to enable access to items delivered electronically. Do not make inter-library loan requests via this route. All ILL requests should be made via the UON Interlibrary Loan form on the library website. You will also be sent a confirmation email.
Inter-library loan (ILL) items from the British Library (BL) are received via secure electronic delivery are accessed by individuals using DRM Lite.