Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Oct 04, 2021 Views: 56
If you have trouble logging in or setting up your University account or have forgotten your password you may need to reset your password.
Resetting your password
- Go to the Self-service password portal, then click Forgotten Password
- Type in your Student ID number and the press Search
- Enter your details (date of birth, first name, last name), then press Check Answers
- Now you can set your password, following the password requirements
- The password is case sensitive
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Must not include the words password or test
- Must not include part of your name or your username or Student ID
- Must not include a common word or commonly used sequence of characters
- Must have at least 3 types of the following characters;
- Uppercase (A to Z)
- Lowercase (a to z)
- Number (0 to 9)
- Symbol (!, #, $, etc.)
- Other language characters not listed above
- Confirm your password by entering it again in the Confirm Password box and then press Change Password to complete the process.
Contacting the IT Service Team
If you need any assistance with your University password you can contact the IT Service Team who will be happy to help. They are available face-to-face on the Student Information Desk on the ground floor of the Learning Hub, or you can call them on 01604 89 3333.
Your account and temporary passwords
Your username for your account is your Student ID Number, this is an 8 digit number that is unique to you, for example 87654321. This will be used throughout your time at the University, you can find your Student ID number on your Student University ID card.
Once you have finished enrolling you automatically will have a temporary password set on your University account. This temporary password will work for a limited period, but it needs to be changed to fully set up your account. If you have trouble setting your password, just follow the instructions above to reset it.
Your temporary password will be;
- Your date of birth in six digits using two digits for the day, then the month, then the year. For example if your birthday was 8th of October 1986 it will be 081086
- The next part of your temporary password will be the first letter of your last name in capitals, followed by the second letter of your last name in lowercase. For example, John Farmer would be Fa
- The last part of your temporary password is an = sign
- The temporary password for this example would be 081086Fa=
If you are having trouble setting up your account, try resetting it using the instructions above. If you still have trouble, contact IT Services using the details above and they will help you.
Your University PIN
Once you have set up your account you will be able to view or reset your University PIN.