Answered By: IT Services Last Updated: Dec 22, 2021 Views: 27
SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Sciences) is a statistical software package that analyses quantitative data.
1. You can download Windows and Mac versions of SPSS via the IT Services webpage on the Student Hub, in the 'software' section. Scroll down to SPSS
2. Once the file has downloaded locate it within the downloads folder
3. Right click on the file and click Open
4. When the file appears as a folder, right click and choose Open again
5. The SPSS installer will then open. Read the text on each page carefully and click Continue if you agree. A final pop up will appear when you have agreed each stage. By clicking Agree, you agree to to the terms and conditions so please read it carefully
6. The installation window will appear when you have agreed the terms. It will tell you the free space you will need to be able to install
7. Once SPSS is installed, a new window called 'Licence Status' will pop up. Click Next
8. The Product Authorization page will then appear. Tick the Authorized User option and click Next
10. Enter the code and click Next
11. This will be followed by an authorization window. Click Next when it has completed
12. The Licencing Complete window finishes the process. Click Finish and you will be ready to use SPSS.
Where can I get support downloading SPSS?
If you have tried these steps and you are still having trouble, IT Services will be happy to help you. You can visit IT Services on the SID on the ground floor of the Learning Hub:
- Mondays to Thursdays 8.30am to 5pm
- Fridays 10am to 5pm.
You can also call the IT helpdesk on 01604 89 3333:
- Mondays to Thursdays 8am to 5.30pm
- Fridays 8am to 9am, and then 10am to 5.30pm.
Where can I get help using SPSS?
The Maths and Stats team, as part of the Learning Development team, in Library and Learning Services will be happy to help you use SPSS. We have information about the Maths and Stats team and how you can attend a drop-in or book a tutorial with them.
LinkedIn Learning also has videos to help you use SPSS. LinkedIn Learning is free for students and staff of UON to use. We have a guide that will help you get started with LinkedIn Learning.