Answered By: IT Services Last Updated: Dec 22, 2021 Views: 10
Logging into CardExchange
1. There are certain machines for the SID, Senate and Visitor Centre staff that have CardExchange already loaded. Log into one of these machines with your staff username and password. You will need to be connected to the staff network WiFi
2. Once you have logged in, open the CardExchange application. There is a shortcut on the Desktop, you can also search for it in the Start Menu
3. To log in use your staff username, all lowercase. If this is your first time logging into CardExchange it will ask you to reset your password
4. You may be asked about the license, if you are then set the field CardExchange Producer from Disabled to Enabled and click OK
5. You may be asked to update CardExchange, tick the box and then click No thanks.
Setting the Magicard printer as the default printer
1. Bring up the Start Menu and type Control Panel, then click on Control Panel to open it
2. Click on Devices and Printers
3. Right click on the Magicard Printer and click Set as default printer.
How to remove jammed cards and how to clean the Printer
Troubleshooting printing problems
If you are having trouble printing the ID Card, follow these steps to check the settings;
1. Click on the Print tab at the top, then click Printer options
2. Depending which laptop you are using select the following option that is available; either Magicard Rio Pro (V2) or Magicard Rio Pro (V2) (Copy 1)
3. Click on the Contactless tab, check that the following is selected in the Reader Type field;
HID Global OMNIKEY 5122CL Smartcard
4. Click Refresh, the Reader PIN code field should show multiple 0's
5. Check that the Magicard printer is set as the default printer using the instructions above.
If you still have problems encoding cards, restart the laptop and the Card Printer.
I still have an issue using CardExchange
If you are unable to sign into CardExchange contact IT Services.
If you have tried these steps and you are still having trouble, IT Services will be happy to help you. You can visit IT Services on the SID on the ground floor of the Learning Hub:
- Mondays to Thursdays 8.30am to 5pm
- Fridays 10am to 5pm.
You can also call the IT helpdesk on 01604 89 3333:
- Mondays to Thursdays 8am to 5.30pm
- Fridays 8am to 9am, and then 10am to 5.30pm.