Answered By: IT Services Last Updated: Dec 22, 2021 Views: 9
The SPSS software on your Apple device may sometimes need the licence renewing. This only applies when you have downloaded the SPSS software to your device- we have a guide about how to do this.
Your device needs to be connected to the Internet to renew the SPSS licence.
1. Locate the SPSS License Authorization Wizard through Finder. Go to applications - IBM - SPSS - Statistics - 26
2. Right click over the application and click Open
3. The Licence Status screen will appear - click Next
4. Select Authorized User Licence and click Next
5. You will now need the latest SPSS code. You can find this on the IT Software page of the Student Hub. Enter the code and click Next
6. A dialogue box will appear that will let you know when the process is complete. You can then click Next then Finish.
Where can I get support downloading SPSS?
If you have tried these steps and you are still having trouble, IT Services will be happy to help you. You can visit IT Services on the SID on the ground floor of the Learning Hub:
- Mondays to Thursdays 8.30am to 5pm
- Fridays 10am to 5pm.
You can also call the IT helpdesk on 01604 89 3333:
- Mondays to Thursdays 8am to 5.30pm
- Fridays 8am to 9am, and then 10am to 5.30pm.
Where can I get help using SPSS?
The Maths and Stats team, as part of the Learning Development team, in Library and Learning Services will be happy to help you use SPSS. We have information about the Maths and Stats team and how you can attend a drop-in or book a tutorial with them.
LinkedIn Learning also has videos to help you use SPSS. LinkedIn Learning is free for students and staff of UON to use. We have a guide that will help you get started with LinkedIn Learning.