Answered By: Student Information Desk
Last Updated: Dec 07, 2023 Views: 2051

Sometimes you might need an official letter which confirms that you are a student at the University of Northampton. A letter might be needed to open a student bank account, travel to another country or to simply prove that you are a student.

What types of letters are available? 

There are 5 types of letter which we can provide: 

  • General Letter - A letter to confirm your student status
  • Bank Letter - A letter to confirm your student status which will help you open a student bank account
  • Travel Letter -  A letter to confirm your student status if you need a visa to travel to another country
  • Ceremonies Letter - A letter to support your visa application or your guests' visa application to attend a graduation ceremony
  • Work Letter - A letter confirming your student status for work purposes.

Where can I request a letter?

If you would like to request a letter then please complete our Student Letter Request Form.

It can take up to 5 working days to produce your letter and we will email you once it has been completed. 

If you have any questions regarding the type of letter you require or how to apply then please contact 01604 892833 or email

Contact Us

Student and Academic Services (SAS) is made up of lots of teams, all ready to help you! Have a look at our list of teams, what we do and how to contact us.