Answered By: Student Information Desk
Last Updated: Jul 14, 2021 Views: 0

Travelling during term time

If you are travelling during term time: 

  1. Contact your programme leader for approval
  2. If your programme leader approves your travel you then need to send their approval email and Authorised Absence Form to International Student Support on 
  3. International Student Support will write you a travel letter if permission has been granted.

(Note: If you are currently on placement then you must also send International Student Support an approval email from your employer/placement provider.)

Travelling during vacation period

If you are travelling during a vacation period (such as an official break from your programme) then you need to: 

  1. Go to the University of Northampton Student Letter Request Form
  2. Select the 'Travel Letter' option and complete the required information
  3. The Student Information Desk will contact you when your letter is ready.