Answered By: Student Support and Advice Team
Last Updated: Sep 17, 2021 Views: 14

You may be thinking about withdrawing from your course permanently. If you are considering withdrawing from your course then please contact the Student Support Officers to discuss your decision, for the opportunity to ask any questions you may have or to share any feedback about your experience of being a student at the University of Northampton. Please contact us at or call us on 01604 892600.

It will also be beneficial to understand the funding and financial implications of withdrawing from study. We have a guidance leaflet ‘Financial guidance for withdrawing from study’. 

You may also wish to speak with the University’s Financial Guidance team. This can help ensure that you are aware of your future student finance funding entitlement should you want to return to Higher Education. The team can also help to prepare you for correspondence from Student Finance in relation to your maintenance loan. They can be contacted on

If you are an international student then please speak with our International Student Support Team about the visa implications of withdrawing from your course, they can be contacted at

The request must be made formally by completion of the ‘Course withdrawal form’.

You can find more information about withdrawing from your course in the ‘Withdrawal Guidance’.

Contact Us

Student and Academic Services (SAS) is made up of lots of teams, all ready to help you! Have a look at our list of teams, what we do and how to contact us.