Answered By: Apprenticeships Team
Last Updated: Jun 07, 2021 Views: 5

All our apprenticeship courses are fully funded via the apprenticeship levy. The levy is paid by employers with a pay bill of over £3 million (they pay 0.5% of their total annual pay bill). Levy paying employers then access their funds through the online apprenticeship service. The funds in their accounts are available to spend on apprenticeship training in England.

If the employer does not pay the levy, the employer will be required to pay 5% towards the cost of the Apprenticeship training with the Government paying the remaining 95% (up to the maximum of the funding band). For more information about the apprenticeship funding, please visit our Funding and the Levy page.

You can also find more information about the apprenticeship funding on the Government website.

Please contact the Apprenticeship Team at apprenticeships@northampton.ac.uk if you have any questions and we will be happy to help.