Answered By: Student Support and Advice Team
Last Updated: Sep 17, 2021 Views: 24

You can request to transfer onto a different programme of study, this can be done within the first two weeks of the academic year, or in some instances after successful completion of a semester or year’s studies.

If transfer is approved at the end of a semester or year, some or all modules completed before the transfer may be able to be transferred over, this will happen if those modules fit the new award map.

If the first two weeks of the year or semester have passed then you must continue to study on your current programme and complete that year of study successfully to enable the transfer to take place, or you may be able to request a restart.

Please note that transfers cannot be requested to avoid termination of studies as a result of accumulated failure.

To request a transfer you will need a Transfer Request Form and to speak with the Programme Leader for the course you wish to transfer onto. When speaking with the Programme Leader you will need to confirm the entry requirements and get their permission with a signature on the Transfer Request Form.

You can read the ‘Transfer Request Guidance Document’ for more information about transfers. To speak to somebody about transferring onto a different course, please contact the Student Support and Advice Team at or phone 01604 892600.

Contact Us

Student and Academic Services (SAS) is made up of lots of teams, all ready to help you! Have a look at our list of teams, what we do and how to contact us.