Q. How do I login to Padlet? (and how do I import from my existing account?)
Padlet is an online 'Pin board' where users can post their thoughts on a topic, add pictures, audio, videos, links and upload documents.
New for 2018, the university has purchased a site licence for Padlet. This gives staff and students unlimited Padlets, and also: support, folders, themes, and much larger file size allowance, and eventually – integration with NILE.
The licence is for one year (1819), and renewal will be based on whether we can make a good case for it, so your feedback is needed please!
To log in:
1. Go to uon1.padlet.org (ideally using Chrome as your browser)
2. Then click the button LOG IN WITH MICROSOFT
3. Select your University Office 365 account – click your UoN email address; enter your UoN password
4. You are now logged into your University (‘Backpack’) Padlet account.
To import Padlets:
If you had already set up an individual account at Padlet.com, you can import any/all of the padlets you created into your University account.
1. In another tab, go to: uon1.padlet.org/pro/import
2. Click ‘Sign into padlet.com’ – then log into your individual ('vanilla') account
3. Choose Padlets to import, and click Import (n) Padlet(s)
4. (alternatively, this can be done using the ‘Account’ icon, (icon top-right in your Backpack account), click Import.
(If you have any difficulties importing your Padlets please email: email@example.com with details of both accounts)
To use the Padlet app with your Backpack (University) account:
Open the Padlet app, then scroll down at the login screen, and choose Backpack/Briefcase User, then use uon1.padlet.org as the domain, and log in through Microsoft (https://padlet.com/support/login_mobile)