Q. How can I move content around an Ultra course page using the keyboard?
It is possible to use the trackpad or a mouse to drag and drop content items in an Ultra course. Blackboard Learn Ultra also includes Global keyboard navigation to meet the required accessibility standards. These shortcuts can be helpful for all users.
Moving items in Ultra courses with the keyboard
The following video demonstrates the use of keyboard shortcuts specifically to move content when editing an Ultra course. (3 minutes 47 seconds)
Global keyboard shortcuts
The available global keyboard shortcuts are listed below. This detail is copied from Blackboard's official help pages. Please see the link at the bottom of this page for further information including how to work with Firefox and Safari on Mac computers which may require additional setup.
- Tab: Navigate links, fields and options on the page.
- Shift + Tab: Navigate to previous links, fields, and options.
- Enter: Select link, function, activate option, and expand collapsed section.
- Space: Select or switch options.
- Up and down arrows: Open drop-down lists that have an Apply or Go function to activate an option. Navigate the choices with the up and down arrows.
- Open drop-down lists that do NOT have an Apply or Go function: Tab to the drop-down list and press Enter to open it. Use Alt/Option + the up and down arrows to select an option.