You may not be on campus but we are still here to help:
- Your books have been renewed automatically until 30th September, so there is no need to worry about anything being overdue, or recalled.
- A click and collect service for books is operating. There is a web form to complete that gives details of how to request and collect items
- Please hold on to any books you currently have on loan, if you need to return them you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. Staff will remove them from your account next time they are on campus.
- Please do speak to us if you need any help or advice, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, and are available online if you need us!! 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Sep 08, 2020 Views: 43
The Learning Development team provide online drop-in sessions that can be used if you wanted to quickly chat with someone about your studies. The sessions are available for both Academic Skills or Maths and Statistics, check these pages for information and the latest times for the drop-in sessions.
During the drop-in time, you can connect to the online collaborate room for the session. We recommend that you test your connection in advance so as not to lose tutorial time. We have a test room ready for you to try out your sound and video, if you are using it.
- To access the drop-in you should use a laptop or desktop computer that has a Chrome or Firefox browser installed. You should use Chrome if at all possible.
- You will need a good, reliable Internet connection.
- You will need speakers or preferably headphones to hear others and you will need a microphone to be heard yourself. It is also possible to use a webcam if you have one connected.
- Your instructor controls whether you can use your microphone and camera, but you should usually be able to raise your hand (hand icon) or post a chat message (speech bubble icon).
- If you have a problem with sound or video, leaving and re-joining the session usually fixes a lot of issues. If you still have a problem please try these links: Windows | Mac | Chromebook
- If you would like some further guidance please watch this introductory video to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.