Announcing our new library system
The library has some good news! We have been working hard to bring you a new version of NELSON and Reading Lists, with lots of great features and useful tools. We have help guides for members of staff and for students with key dates you should know, a timeline of what will be happening that might affect you, actions you should take and where you can get help. There will be lots of benefits, after a short period of disruption, that will make using the library even easier and we are excited to show you all the great features as we go live in the period after 12th July.
Answered By: IT Services Last Updated: Jun 17, 2022 Views: 18
As a student at the University of Northampton, we provide all the software you need for your studies for free. Microsoft Office 365 provides all the standard apps that you will need, including;
- Word - for word processing
- Excel - for spreadsheets
- PowerPoint - for presentations
- Teams - for instant messaging and online meetings
- Outlook - for emails
- OneDrive - for document storage.
You will need to download this package of software on your laptop, and then you can also access your documents on your other devices too. This software is also available on all our loan laptops.
How do I download this software?
1. There is a link that will take you to the page to start the download. This download will include all the software mentioned above
2. This will then download the OfficeSetup file, Click on this to start the download. Follow the onscreen steps to install Office 365. It will take between 15 to 20 minutes
When it has installed, it will ask you to login. You must use your UON email. It will contain @my.northampton.ac.uk. We have a help guide available if you are not sure what your UON email is. This will activate your Office 365 license and you will be ready to use the apps.
I need some help with this download
There are lots of ways to contact IT if you need help or support with hardware or software:
- You can report an issue in person on the Student Information Desk on the ground floor of the Learning Hub
- There is also a self service portal where any kind of issue relating to IT can be logged
- You can check or change your PIN and password by logging into the user portal and/or clicking 'forgot password?'
- You can also call them on 01604 89 3333
- You can read more information by IT on their Student Hub page
You can visit IT Services on the SID on the ground floor of the Learning Hub:
Mondays to Thursdays 8.30am to 5pm
Fridays 10am to 5pm.
You can also call the IT helpdesk on 01604 89 3333:
Mondays to Thursdays 8am to 5.30pm
Fridays 8am to 9am, and then 10am to 5.30pm.