Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Oct 31, 2022 Views: 6
Collaborate is an online meeting platform, with video and audio capabilities. There is also Chat and screen sharing functions. It is used for teaching and training at UON. You join sessions through unique URLs that only open one specific session.
We recommend that you test your connection in advance so as not to lose time. We have a test room ready for you to try out your sound and video, if you are using it.
- To access the online drop-in you should use a laptop or desktop computer that has a Chrome or Firefox browser installed. You should use Chrome if at all possible
- You will need a good, reliable Internet connection
- You will need speakers or preferably headphones to hear others and you will need a microphone to be heard yourself. It is also possible to use a webcam if you have one connected
- If you have a problem with sound or video, leaving and re-joining the session usually fixes a lot of issues. If you still have a problem please try these links: Windows | Mac | Chromebook
- If you would like some further guidance please watch this introductory video to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.