We have a guide available for students and staff affected by the recent issues with Adobe. The guide explains how to transfer your files from your personal profile so they are accessible and usable to you.
Answered By: IT Services Last Updated: May 09, 2023 Views: 235
This guide shows you step by step how to transfer your Adobe files from your Personal profile over to the new JISC - University of Northampton profile.
1. Navigate to the Adobe files website
2. Sign in with your Adobe account login
3. When asked to select a profile, select Personal profile
4. Once logged in your will now be able to see your files
5. Hover over the file you want to download and click the 3 dots at the bottom right
6. From the dropdown that appears select Download
Unfortunately, you can only do one file at a time.
7. On the pop-up that appears click on Change under LINK ACCESS
8. Under the Link access section select Anyone with the link can view and turn on Save a copy
9. Click the < button at the top left to go back a page
10. Now select the Copy link button to copy the file link
11. Now you will need to sign out of your Adobe account
12. Once Signed out sign in again with your Adobe login details and select the JISC - University of Northampton profile
13. Once logged into your JISC profile, paste the copied file link into the URL bar of your browser to head to the shared file
14. When the file page loads click on the Copy to Files button at the top right to save the file to your JISC profile
15. These files will now be visible in the Cloud documents area of your JISC profile.
You will now need to repeat these steps for every file to move them across to your new profile.
A quicker way to process multiple files
You can share your files without having to sign in and sign out multiple times if you have two separate browser windows open. You can do this by either using an Incognito window or using two separate browsers, for example Chrome and Firefox, or Edge.
You should have one window with your personal Adobe profile and a second window with your JISC profile and move between them.
How do I download my Lightroom photos?
We have a guide available for downloading photos from Lightroom.
I am having issues moving files in Adobe
If you need any help with this process, you can bring your device to the IT help desk on the ground floor of the Learning Hub. A member of IT Services can show you the process in person:
- Mondays to Thursdays 8.30am to 5pm
- Fridays 10am to 5pm.
If you are not on campus you can also call the IT helpdesk on 01604 893333:
- Mondays to Thursdays 8am to 5.30pm
- Fridays 8am to 9am, and then 10am to 5.30pm.