Q. How do I install the new Kaltura Capture recorder?
Kaltura Capture is the new desktop recorder that replaces the previous desktop recorder.
In order to use it, the new software requires installation on your device.
How to download Kaltura Capture Software on Windows:
1. Using a Chrome browser, navigate to video.northampton.ac.uk and log-in to your Kaltura MediaSpace account.
2. In the Add New menu, click on Capture from the dropdown:
3. You will be presented with the following page - click on the Download for Windows link. This should begin the installation process:
4. When downloaded the Kaltura Capture Setup Wizard will open - click Next:
5. On the Installation Settings screen click Next:
6. Click Install to begin the installation process:
7. Click Finish on the final screen to complete the installation:
8. The Kaltura Capture software should now be installed on your device and ready for use.
How to download Kaltura Capture Software on Apple Mac:
1. On the MediaSpace homepage select Kaltura Capture from the Add New drop-down menu. You will be redirected to a download page.
2. Click Download for Mac to download the application.
3. Double click the .dmg file to open it.
4. Drag the Kaltura Personal Capture application icon to the applications folder.
5. Kaltura Capture is now installed in your Applications folder.
6. The Kaltura Capture software is now installed and ready to use.