Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Mar 04, 2019 Views: 652
Students can make payment for fines or charges that are £5 or over using the University’s E-Payments facility. This facility can also be accessed via the University's e-payments page, the Student Hub, and from your library account on the library catalogue.
Please be aware that it takes twenty four hours for the charges to be removed from your library account when paid online.
Before paying it is important for you to understand the differences between library charges and fines because your library account will state them all as fines.
What are library charges?
- Charges are applied to resources that have become more than 4 weeks (28 days) overdue, and represent their replacement cost.
- Charges for items returned within 7 weeks (49 days) of becoming overdue will be waived.
- Charges for items that are more than 7 weeks (49 days) overdue need to be paid.
- Replacement charges are applied to resources which have been lost.
- If you pay for lost resources but find them within 3 months please return them for a refund.
- Please return these items to a member of staff and not via the self-service machines. If they are returned via self-service we will not be able to arrange a refund for you.
What are library fines?
- Fines are applied to late laptops, at the rate of £1 per hour.
- We expect all fines to be paid.
We are always happy to discuss charges and fines on an individual basis, just get in touch to see if we can help.