There are currently no Library staff on the Waterside Campus but we are still here to help:
- Your books have been renewed automatically and we will continue to do this until we have been told that we can safely reopen the service
- A click and collect service for books that are not available on NELSON will be available from Monday 15th June. There is a web form to complete that gives details of how to request and collect items
- If you want to return your books, for example you are in your final year and will not be returning to campus, you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. They will stay on your account until we get back on campus to return them but do not worry about that
- Please do speak to us if you need any help, you can email us at email@example.com or use our web form
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, please get in touch if you need us!! 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Feb 24, 2020 Views: 88
To have full access to NELSON (Northampton Electronic Library Search Online) and the e-books and e-journals that it hosts, you must be a student or staff member of the University of Northampton. NELSON offers you access to a huge range of online materials and allows you to search for print materials too. To log in, you will need your student ID number and your University password (the one you use for NILE).
Basic searching- You can use the menu on the search bar to differentiate between ‘Everything’, ‘Journal Articles’ and ‘Print and Physical Resources’. This is also in the ‘Advanced Search’ menu, which allows for Boolean (and/or/not) searching, type, language and date. Menu bar at the top of the front page also has lots of search, find and other options. You will only see full-text articles when logged into NELSON. Video instructions can be found here.
Off campus access- Most databases and their contents are available off campus. Provided you have logged into NELSON with your University login, your login details will automatically be transferred to any databases that require a login, without having to log in again. However, this will not necessarily work outside of the United Kingdom.
Occasional database log in requests- If a database asks you to log in again, look for a link indicating either Institutional or Shibboleth login. Follow the link, and from the UK Higher Education list select University of Northampton (IDP).