There are currently no Library staff on the Waterside Campus but we are still here to help:
- Your books have been renewed automatically and we will continue to do this until we have been told that we can safely reopen the service
- A click and collect service for books that are not available on NELSON will be available from Monday 15th June. There is a web form to complete that gives details of how to request and collect items
- If you want to return your books, for example you are in your final year and will not be returning to campus, you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. They will stay on your account until we get back on campus to return them but do not worry about that
- Please do speak to us if you need any help, you can email us at email@example.com or use our web form
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, please get in touch if you need us!! 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Mar 07, 2020 Views: 20
The library collections are located in the Learning Hub on the Waterside Campus.
Main Print Collection
This is located on the second, third, and fourth floors of the Learning Hub. Items are sorted in numeric order by shelfmark (their classification of topic), divided between floors as follows;
- 001 to 612.99 are on the second floor.
- 613 to 769.99 are on the third floor.
- 770 to 999.99 are on the fourth floor.
This contains resources that are larger than our standard print stock. These can be found after the School Experience collection, near the laptop cabinet on the second floor, next to the medical models.
Medical Models Collection
These models can be found on the second floor, next to the Oversize Collection, at the back of the School Experience collection.
School Experience Collection
The School Experience collection is a large collection of resources for use in teaching, they are divided into four main sub-collections;
- Fiction books.
- Non-fiction books.
- Fiction kits.
- Non-fiction kits.
These are located on the second floor of the Learning Hub, opposite the main collection.
Our collection of print journals are located on the ground floor of the Learning Hub, near the entrance to the Market restaurant. These cannot be loaned, but are available for reference within the Learning Hub. Current copies of certain titles are held on shelves in The Hide.
Special Collection & Northamptonshire Collection
The Library holds a special collection that comprises of rare and hard-to-replace journals and other resources. For further details on the contents of the collection, visit our Special Collections pages. The Northamptonshire Collection is kept alongside this collection, and contains documents relating specifically Northamptonshire and its history. These resources are kept securely in the Learning Hub at Waterside Campus and are viewable by appointment with a member of library staff. To arrange an appointment or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the resources you would like to view. Tutors wishing to book in sessions for their students can also reach out to their subject Academic Librarian contact to make suitable arrangements for access.
Our collection of illustrated books can be found on the third floor of the Learning Hub. They are located on the bookshelves at the far end of the third floor library collection. These resources are for reference only, they cannot be borrowed but they can be used within the Learning Hub.
We hold a collection of Audio CD's, these are located on the landing on the fourth floor of the Learning Hub.
English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Collection
We have an English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Collection, this can be found on the fourth floor of the Learning Hub.
The Fowler Collection is located within The Hide on the fourth floor of the Learning Hub. This collection is the personal research collection of Dr. George Herbert Fowler and chiefly relates to published secondary sources for the study of history. These resources are for reference only, they cannot be borrowed but they can be used within the Learning Hub - if there is an event in The Hide please ask at the Library Help Desk on the second floor and staff will retrieve any items for you.
Many of our books about leather are part of the main collection in the Learning Hub, however we also have a specialist Leather Collection that is with the National Leather Collection, in the Grosvenor Centre in the Northampton town centre.