You may not be on campus but we are and we're still ready to help, no matter where you are:
- The Service Update page on our website has all the latest information about our services and any changes to normal operations, including library support for those self-isolating.
- The Learning Hub is open from 8am -10pm daily and you can go to the shelves to collect any books you need as long as you can wear a mask. If you do not feel able to come into the Learning Hub for any reason then we have a click and collect service for books, which enables you, or a nominated person, to collect the items from campus.
- If you need to return items to us, you can either drop them into the book return bin in the Visitor Centre next door to McColls, or any book return bin throughout the Learning Hub. If you are off-site and not planning to come back for any reason, or have completed your course and you still have books from the library then email email@example.com and we will advise you on how to get the books back to us.
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or loans. If you need anything at all please just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a friendly and helpful bunch 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Mar 26, 2020 Views: 13
If there is a key text you need to complete your studies, but it is only available as a printed book, please contact email@example.com. Let us know:
- the book title
- the author
- the year or edition
- the publisher
- if there are any key chapters you need to access
Library staff will look to see if the book is available for purchase as an e-book, if we can obtain extracts or if the title has been released temporarily for free by the publisher in response to COVID-19/Coronavirus. Please note, there may be instances where a digital version of the text has not been made available to libraries.
Due to the current COVID-19/ Coronavirus situation, we may take longer responding to requests than normal as we are operating our services remotely.