There are currently no Library staff on the Waterside Campus but we are still here to help:
- Your books have been renewed automatically and we will continue to do this until we have been told that we can safely reopen the service
- If you want to return your books, for example you are in your final year and will not be returning to campus, you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. They will stay on your account until we get back on campus to return them but do not worry about that
- Please do speak to us if you need any help, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our web form
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, please get in touch if you need us!! 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Jun 02, 2020 Views: 32
The University provides students and staff access to an online archive of broadcast footage known as Box of Broadcasts (also known as ‘BOB’). The archive contains a wide range of previously broadcast footage, from news reports and TV series to films and radio programmes. You can also request programmes to be recorded and archived from free-to-air channels.
Access is free for current staff and students.
To sign into BOB, visit the Box of Broadcasts website and click on 'sign in'.
In the 'Where are you from?' box, type 'University of Northampton' and select 'University of Northampton (IDP)' from the drop-down menu.
If you are accessing the website from a device that has logged into the University of Northampton Staff or Student Hub recently, it will remember your details and log you in automatically, taking you to the Welcome page. Otherwise it will ask you to enter your details (University ID and password).
Once you have signed in you can use the search menu to begin searching for your required resource. You can type in the title of the broadcast, you can also type in actors and directors names to help narrow the search to a meaningful selection.
If Box of Broadcasts does not have what you are looking for, you might wish to see if it can be requested through our InterLibrary Loan service.