You may not be on campus but we are and we're still ready to help, no matter where you are:
- Please send any questions or queries about loan laptops to email@example.com
- Please note the LLS Booking System is currently unavailable. Please see our pages for Learning Development or Academic Librarians for details on accessing these teams
- The Service Update page on our website has all the latest information about our services and any changes to normal operations
- If you need to return items to us and are unable to hold on to them during this lockdown then please email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice. Please do not come on to campus just to return items during the current restrictions
- Please do not stress about your library account or loans. If you need anything at all please just get in touch at email@example.com. We are a friendly and helpful bunch 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Nov 09, 2020 Views: 37
Books and other library resources can be found by searching on NELSON (which stands for 'Northampton ELectronic Search ONline). You can watch a guide to get you started with searching on NELSON.
There are eBooks, which are digital versions of a book or other resource which can be viewed online, and there are the physical items that are part of our physical library collection in the Learning Hub, such as books and DVDs and kits.
You can have a play with searching for resources on NELSON, and the Academic Librarians also offer useful guides sorted by academic subject, you will also find contact details for your subject librarian if you wanted further advice on finding suitable resources for your studies.
You will also find a list of relevant material for your course on your module reading list, which you will find on your module site on NILE. You can also search for Reading Lists here.
Looking in the Learning Hub
Once you know which book you are looking for in the Learning Hub, the books are sorted by a number found on the side of the book known as a 'shelfmark'. These shelfmarks help you to find the particular book you are looking for on the library shelves, as we store the books in number order. These shelfmarks are displayed on NELSON, we have a quick guide to how shelfmarks work. If you're in the Learning Hub a member of Library staff will be happy to show you how to find a library resource, you can identify Library staff at a glance by their yellow lanyard, which hangs alongside their black Staff ID lanyard.