You may not be on campus but we are still here to help:
- Your books have been renewed automatically until 30th September, so there is no need to worry about anything being overdue, or recalled.
- A click and collect service for books is operating. There is a web form to complete that gives details of how to request and collect items
- Please hold on to any books you currently have on loan, if you need to return them you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. Staff will remove them from your account next time they are on campus.
- Please do speak to us if you need any help or advice, you can email us at email@example.com
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, and are available online if you need us!! 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Aug 27, 2020 Views: 0
A journal is an academic magazine covering a particular subject. They are really useful as they tend to cover a topic in depth, and collect articles, essays and pieces written by people who are studying or working in a particular area of study.
For example, the Games and Culture journal contains articles looking at digital gaming systems, game development companies, the impact of gaming on culture and education, and economic and political perspectives. There are journals on a really wide variety of subjects, some can be quite specific and focused, take the following journal for example; Speech and Context: International Journal of Linguistics, Semiotics and Literary Science.
Journals provide an insight into these specialist subjects, and are a great way to learn about some of the academic work taking place in a really wide variety of subjects. You'll be surprised how many different journals there are! You can browse the journals on NELSON, we provide students with access to many journals electronically, meaning you can browse through the thousands of different journals and articles and download the ones that are relevant to you. We also have a collection of print journals (printed out, like a magazine). These can be found on the ground floor of the Learning Hub. Our newest arrivals are placed on display in the Hide (located on the fourth floor of the Learning Hub). These newest journals will make their way down to the journal collection on the ground floor after a few weeks.
If you had a question about a journal, or if you are trying to find one that is relevant to the subjects you are studying, you can contact a Librarian who will be happy to help! You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can browse our help page to find support tailored to your module.