You may not be on campus but we are and we're still ready to help, no matter where you are:
- The Service Update page on our website has all the latest information about our services and any changes to normal operations
- If you need to return items to us and are unable to hold on to them during this lockdown then please email email@example.com for advice. Please do not come on to campus just to return items during the current restrictions
- Please do not stress about your library account or loans. If you need anything at all please just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a friendly and helpful bunch 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Feb 22, 2021 Views: 19
The Library Help team, Academic Librarian team, Learning Development team and Maths and Stats team are all available to meet with you in an online drop-in. We use the Collaborate online meeting software.
We recommend that you test your connection in advance so as not to lose tutorial time. We have a test room ready for you to try out your sound and video, if you are using it.
- To access the virtual workshop you should use a laptop or desktop computer that has a Chrome or Firefox browser installed. You should use Chrome if at all possible.
- You will need a good, reliable Internet connection.
- You will need speakers or preferably headphones to hear others and you will need a microphone to be heard yourself. It is also possible to use a webcam if you have one connected.
- Your instructor controls whether you can use your microphone and camera, but you should usually be able to raise your hand (hand icon) or post a chat message (speech bubble icon).
- If you have a problem with sound or video, leaving and re-joining the session usually fixes a lot of issues. If you still have a problem please try these links: Windows | Mac | Chromebook
- If you would like some further guidance please watch this introductory video to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
The Library Help drop-in is every week day at 11am to 12 noon and 3pm-4pm. Please check for the times of the Academic Librarian drop-in, the Learning Development drop-in and the Maths and Stats drop-in.