Answered By: Lisa Anderson
Last Updated: Apr 01, 2022     Views: 3

The Residential Agreement for your onsite University accommodation (also known as Halls of Residence) is legally binding under UK law. There is a 14 day cooling off period or right to withdraw from the agreement once signed, even if you have made no payment. This does not apply if you have moved into the accommodation. Once this time period has passed or you have moved into the accommodation, you will be liable for the contract and unable to cancel.

More information is available in the Terms and Conditions of application and residency. 

What is the length of the contract?

We offer 42-week contracts. Contract lengths are not related to the length of your course, so check with your faculty first what your term dates will be before submitting your accommodation application.

We offer shorter contracts to particular student types, such as ERASMUS. If there is an issue, you can contact us at and we will be happy to help.