Answered By: James Bywater
Last Updated: Apr 01, 2022     Views: 17

Our accommodation, also called Halls of Residence, is divided into three sites; Waterside, St. John's Halls, and Scholars Green Student Village.

We offer several types of accommodation which can be found on campus at Waterside and off campus at St John's Halls and Scholars Green Student Village. Depending on the location you will find different room types to suit different needs and budgets that include studios, en-suites, twin and single bedrooms.

All of our accommodation is University-owned and has security includes a 24 hour security team on site, CCTV and access control by multiple key entry points. There is also an onsite police team available on each site.

We actively prioritise applications from students with a disability, and will make any reasonable adjustment where necessary. For further information please see our Additional Support and Inclusion Services Team (ASSIST) page.

You can contact the Accommodation team by email at if you have any questions or can read more about our application process (TO BE LINKED)


The Waterside Halls are on Campus, which means the University is only a short walk away.

St. John's Halls

St. John's Halls of Residence is situated in the town centre and approximately ten minutes walk away from the University.

Scholars Green Student Village

Scholars Green is approximately 4.5 miles from the University and offers a free bus service (Monday to Friday) to the University. Travelling by car to the University takes approximately 15 minutes and bus approximately 30 minutes (depending on traffic).