There are currently no Library staff on the Waterside Campus but we are still here to help:

  • Your books have been renewed automatically and we will continue to do this until we have been told that we can safely reopen the service
  • A click and collect service for books that are not available on NELSON will  be available from Monday 15th June. There is a web form to complete that gives details of how to request and collect items
  • If you want to return your books, for example you are in your final year and will not be returning to campus, you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. They will stay on your account until we get back on campus to return them but do not worry about that
  • Please do speak to us if you need any help, you can email us at or use our web form 
  • E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.   
  • Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, please get in touch if you need us!! 😊😊😊

Answered By: Academic Liaison
Last Updated: Nov 11, 2016     Views: 144

If you are accessing the article in NELSON, check that you are signed in in the top right hand corner.

If you are trying to find a specific journal article, using Find My Reference will determine whether the university has electronic access to the journal or article. There are video tutorials on how to use Find My Reference here for finding articles and here for finding journals.

These screenshots below show how to use Find My Reference to see whether an article is available in full text from the University library.

1. After opening Find My Reference, enter the journal title, change the drop down menu to ‘Exact match’ and click . You can also put the year in, if you wish.

  1. If more than one electronic journal title contains your search terms you will be offered a choice – just click on the option you prefer.


  1. The ‘Find It’ menu now appears.  This will be pre-filled with the journal details you typed in earlier.  The dates we have access to the journal are shown.

   Click on the  button next to these details and you will be able to navigate to the full text of the article.

4. If we don’t have electronic access to the journal, you will need to check the library catalogue to see if we hold it in print.

5. If we don’t have it in print, we can arrange to get the article as an inter-library loan. To find out more about Interlibrary Loans, go to the LibAnswers page here.