There are currently no Library staff on the Waterside Campus but we are still here to help:
- Your books have been renewed automatically and we will continue to do this until we have been told that we can safely reopen the service
- A click and collect service for books that are not available on NELSON will be available from Monday 15th June. There is a web form to complete that gives details of how to request and collect items
- If you want to return your books, for example you are in your final year and will not be returning to campus, you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. They will stay on your account until we get back on campus to return them but do not worry about that
- Please do speak to us if you need any help, you can email us at email@example.com or use our web form
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, please get in touch if you need us!! 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Feb 24, 2020 Views: 5
All Library items are RFID tagged. This means Radio Frequency IDentification. This allows you to borrow using the self-service issue machines, and return at the self-service returns machine. The returns machine can be found on the ground floor of the Learning Hub, which can be accessed without a pass 8am to 8pm weekdays. Outside of these times access is pass only through the side entrance. All returned resources are also double checked by staff, to be sure they are removed from your account. If you have gone through the security gates and the alarm has sounded, you should use any self-service issue machine to reissue any library items as they may not have issued correctly. Items from other libraries that use the same RFID system can trigger the audible alert, mobile phones and laptops may also trigger it. Always take the receipt the returns machine offers you, it shows the date and time that you returned your items. Along with the machine, there is a drop-slot to the left of the returns machine, where resources can be posted. These will be removed from accounts when staff are available. There is also a quick book drop on the 2nd floor near the Enquiry Desk and the 3rd and 4th floors, opposite the lifts. Again, they will be removed from your account when staff are available.