You may not be on campus but we are and we're still ready to help, no matter where you are:
- Please send any questions or queries about loan laptops to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note the LLS Booking System is currently unavailable. Please see our pages for Learning Development or Academic Librarians for details on accessing these teams
- The Service Update page on our website has all the latest information about our services and any changes to normal operations
- If you need to return items to us and are unable to hold on to them during this lockdown then please email email@example.com for advice. Please do not come on to campus just to return items during the current restrictions
- Please do not stress about your library account or loans. If you need anything at all please just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a friendly and helpful bunch 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Feb 24, 2020 Views: 21
All Library items are RFID tagged. This means Radio Frequency IDentification. This allows you to borrow using the self-service issue machines, and return at the self-service returns machine. The returns machine can be found on the ground floor of the Learning Hub, which can be accessed without a pass 8am to 8pm weekdays. Outside of these times access is pass only through the side entrance. All returned resources are also double checked by staff, to be sure they are removed from your account. If you have gone through the security gates and the alarm has sounded, you should use any self-service issue machine to reissue any library items as they may not have issued correctly. Items from other libraries that use the same RFID system can trigger the audible alert, mobile phones and laptops may also trigger it. Always take the receipt the returns machine offers you, it shows the date and time that you returned your items. Along with the machine, there is a drop-slot to the left of the returns machine, where resources can be posted. These will be removed from accounts when staff are available. There is also a quick book drop on the 2nd floor near the Enquiry Desk and the 3rd and 4th floors, opposite the lifts. Again, they will be removed from your account when staff are available.