You may not be on campus but we are still here to help:
- Your books have been renewed automatically until 30th September, so there is no need to worry about anything being overdue, or recalled.
- A click and collect service for books is operating. There is a web form to complete that gives details of how to request and collect items
- Please hold on to any books you currently have on loan, if you need to return them you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. Staff will remove them from your account next time they are on campus.
- Please do speak to us if you need any help or advice, you can email us at email@example.com
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, and are available online if you need us!! 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Feb 24, 2020 Views: 5
All Library items are RFID tagged. This means Radio Frequency IDentification. This allows you to borrow using the self-service issue machines, and return at the self-service returns machine. The returns machine can be found on the ground floor of the Learning Hub, which can be accessed without a pass 8am to 8pm weekdays. Outside of these times access is pass only through the side entrance. All returned resources are also double checked by staff, to be sure they are removed from your account. If you have gone through the security gates and the alarm has sounded, you should use any self-service issue machine to reissue any library items as they may not have issued correctly. Items from other libraries that use the same RFID system can trigger the audible alert, mobile phones and laptops may also trigger it. Always take the receipt the returns machine offers you, it shows the date and time that you returned your items. Along with the machine, there is a drop-slot to the left of the returns machine, where resources can be posted. These will be removed from accounts when staff are available. There is also a quick book drop on the 2nd floor near the Enquiry Desk and the 3rd and 4th floors, opposite the lifts. Again, they will be removed from your account when staff are available.