You may not be on campus but we are and we're still ready to help, no matter where you are:
- The Service Update page on our website has all the latest information about our services and any changes to normal operations, including library support for those self-isolating.
- The Learning Hub is open from 8am -10pm daily and you can go to the shelves to collect any books you need as long as you can wear a mask. If you do not feel able to come into the Learning Hub for any reason then we have a click and collect service for books, which enables you, or a nominated person, to collect the items from campus.
- If you need to return items to us, you can either drop them into the book return bin in the Visitor Centre next door to McColls, or any book return bin throughout the Learning Hub. If you are off-site and not planning to come back for any reason, or have completed your course and you still have books from the library then email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you on how to get the books back to us.
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or loans. If you need anything at all please just get in touch at email@example.com. We are a friendly and helpful bunch 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Nov 18, 2020 Views: 91
If you are unable to log in to some of the University sites or services there are a few steps you can follow to help pinpoint the issue. The first step is to check if you have set up your University login.
If you have already set your account up, then please follow the steps below, continue through each of the steps but if you encounter a problem during these steps then please send us a screenshot and details to let us know where you got to, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a quick note, please log in to these sites directly instead of via your NILE module links, or any other service at this point. Use a computer or laptop rather than a mobile phone or pad, and if possible use Chrome as your browser.
Visit the University user portal and try to login. If you cannot login at this point then you will need to reset your password, there is a forgotten password link on the page to allow you to do that, it will ask you your security questions and then you can reset your password.
Once you can log in to your account on the University user portal then the next thing to do is open up a new tab and go to the University home page and click on the Student Hub link on the top right of the screen. You will need to use your University login at this point again. Please do not use any saved bookmarks to go straight to the Student Hub, go to the University home page and go from there. If this works, we can be assured that your password is okay. Keep the Student Hub open as you will be using it again shortly.
At this point you will need to clear your cache and cookies completely, as something may be causing a conflict. Web browsers often record little bits of information (cookies) to save time later and to help remember passwords, but sometimes they can get in the way. If you are unsure how to clear your cache and cookies you can find instructions for doing this for your web browser through our guide.
Once you have cleared the cache and cookies return to the Student Hub and click on the blue 'Library' tile, this will take you to the library home page. Click on NELSON (orange box) and then in the top right click 'log in to NELSON' and use your University login. If you cannot login at this point please let us know at email@example.com with details and screenshots of the error you are having.