You may not be on campus but we are still here to help:
- Your books have been renewed automatically until 30th September, so there is no need to worry about anything being overdue, or recalled.
- A click and collect service for books is operating. There is a web form to complete that gives details of how to request and collect items
- Please hold on to any books you currently have on loan, if you need to return them you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. Staff will remove them from your account next time they are on campus.
- Please do speak to us if you need any help or advice, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, and are available online if you need us!! 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Sep 08, 2020 Views: 19
There are two teams in Library and Learning Services who are able to help you with your academic work, the Academic Librarians and the Learning Development team. See which team would suit you better and you can make a tutorial appointment with either team in the appointment system. There is a help page if you are meeting with the Librarian or Learning Development tutor online.
Both Academic Librarians and Learning Development tutors can help with Referencing
Academic Librarians can help with:
- Finding information
- Using Nelson Search Techniques
- Google Scholar Searching for literature
- Evaluating sources
- Using subject databases
- Exploring keywords
- Recording your search
Learning Development can help with:
- Academic Writing
- Critical thinking
- Reflective writing
- Assignment structure
- Time Management
- Presentation skills
- Exam and revision advice
- Dissertation advice
- Report writing
Maths and Stats tutors can help with:
- Data Analysis