Answered By: Lisa Anderson
Last Updated: Apr 01, 2022     Views: 5

We have lots of information available to help you make the accommodation decision that is right for you. You can find exact terms and conditions for applying for and then living in accommodation owned by the University of Northampton.

Utility bills

Included in your rent, so will not cost you more to use, are;

You will have to buy your own food and drinks and socialising but our Student's Union also provide more than 60 societies and dozens of sports clubs which are all free to join with equipment provided. You will also need your own TV License.

What will be in my room / in the communal areas?

We have lots of information about what we provide to you, no matter what type of accommodation you chose. We have information about what you should and shouldn't bring to Halls of Residence.


Our University owned accommodation is reasonably secure, although the security features vary from property to property. In general security will include 24hr security team on site, CCTV and access control by multiple key entry points. There is also an onsite police team available on each site.

Travel and transport

Bus travel between Scholars Green Student Village and Waterside is free Monday to Friday, with your student ID card. accommodation at Waterside and St. john's Halls are both within walking distance.